Sunday, June 26, 2011

TIB ~ Take It Back

In one week I received two memorable comments.

Monday, while in wal-mart a lady stopped to admire Jenesis.  We began to chat and she asked how old was Jenesis when I got her ears pierced. I told her two months and she goes on to say her daughter won't pierce her granddaughter's ears for fear of the granddaughter pulling on them; then she adds; "she's too over protective anyway I think it's because she was 42 when she had her" to which I  reply, "I was 39", and her husband, who has been silent during the entire conversation,  screams YOU'RE 39. . .eyes wide as saucers. It was hilarious. I tell him "thank you for today's ego boost" he's still staring at me incredulously. I walk away smiling like the Kook-Aid man.  

Fast forward to Thursday, I'm NY&C the cashier starts in on how adorable Jenesis is and she asks me how old is she and I tell her 5 months; her reply, "and you're pregnant again?" I politely tell her "no". She doesn't miss a beat; she just keeps on chatting about how it's posbbible blah blah blah.

I tell you all this because it's it just like the enemy to try and kill your thunder. I was soo excited about the man in walmart being shocked that I look so youthful for 39 (at least that's how I received the comment); then the enemy wanted to bring discouragement by having the cashier in NY&C ask me am I pregnant (basically insinuating, I'm over weight!) . Any woman knows someone mistakingly thinking you're pregnant is CLEARLY an insult! 

But I will say this . .. she did help kick me in gear. For the last month I've been saying I need to start exercising. Well, I've taken the first step by blowing the dust off my turbo jam videos . . LOL!

So, enemy you thought you were going to crush me, but instead you've motivated me!!

TIB - Take it back - That was the word in church today and I'm applying it here. . .I take back my original excitement about looking good for 39 and refuse to let the devil fill this pretty little head with thoughts of insecurities. 

No comments: